temp  

Posted by the lamplighter



There are a lot of things in life that we do not at all expect. Sometimes these tiny surprises become more valuable in time and ever so unexpectedly becomes even more than temporary.


Entertainingly surreal too are the people we become along the way. There are minuscule oddities that suddenly become routine and almost secondary. These oddities we love and cherish. These things we tend to miss.

It surprises me that I have grown into somebody different from who and what I was just a few months ago.

I took on a job that I felt fitting to be a temp job. I set my expectations and desires at low and dismissed it as a fleeting experience unworthy of any deep consideration.

At first, I was determined not to gain anything else but tangible rewards. I did not hope for any acquaintances of anything more than lunch buddies.

It is rather creepy that the more you avoid making any deep connections, you find yourself easily stuck with habits and comfortable situations. You start to make accidental friendships - and you start to love them too.

Then just as you start to accept that this is something you have to live happily with, reality knocks some sense back to you. It rudely reminds you of your purpose and without hesitation plunges you back to the memorized oblivion.

You smell the coffee and say to yourself, "Enough of that, for now".

This entry was posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments