you've got a way  

Posted by the lamplighter


about six years ago, i declared that i'm not the marrying kind.

i saw a parade of failed marriages and broken families. in fact, mine was one for a while. i saw marriage as work - too much work for a piece of paper. and even more so - having children. 

scared out of my wits, i realized i wouldn't be willing to go through all that. i wouldn't be willing to compromise my individuality. i wouldn't be willing to put my career on hold or on the line for it. i wouldn't be one of those girls in the next table talking about the best way to cook their adobo. i would always be free. 

i would be available for nights out with the gang 24/7. i would be the chick who would always know what's the latest because my life would not be interrupted by the girls' ballet classes and my husband's company dinners. 

a few months ago, something changed. someone changed. and it felt strange, scary, wierd and wonderful.

you did this to me. you looked at me like i was the only one who mattered in the room. you held me like i was made of crystal. you made me believe that i could do anything and be good at it. 

and i knew that you're all that i would ever want and need.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

does this mean i will be hearing wedding bells soon? or just that you are now open to the idea of getting hitched?

either way, i am happy for you.

i want to post something.
but the comment above sums it all up.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wink wink nudge nudge